Core ConteB2B marketingnt is only option for B2B marketing
A Rotary Evaporator, also popularly known as a Rotavapor or Rotovap, is a specialized and extremely Versatile Equipment for chemical processes.
In this Article, we would touch upon the following broad topics:
- Rotary Evaporator Principle
- Rotary Evaporator Construction
- Rotary Evaporator Design Variations
- Rotary Evaporator Applications
- Other Evaporation Alternatives to Rotovap
1) Rotary Evaporator Principle
The Evaporator is essentially working on the same principles as a distillation unit i.e. separation of components having different boiling points. However, few special design features make the functioning of the Rotovap unique and versatile.
- Operation under high vacuum of 1 torr, thereby reducing the solvent boiling points under vacuum considerably as compared to the boiling point under atmospheric conditions.
- Constant rotation of Rotary flask results in a thin layer of process media on the inner wall, thereby ensuring uniform heating across the entire mass, and less possibility of bumping.
- The rotation of flask immersed in…
View original post 1,586 more words